Someone sent an email asking for fun things to do with their 8 year old and this is the list I sent them back after shaking out the ideas rattling around in my brain.
- SAM Sculpture Park
- Walk or ride bikes on The Burke
- Beacon Food Forest
- Forage for blackberries
- Top of the Smith Tower and Space Needle
- Seattle Center International Fountain
- SAF walking tour
- Ride a ferry (to Bainbridge) and then grab some lunch at Hitchcock (deli sandwiches) and Mora (ice cream)
- Alki in West Seattle (you can take the water taxi from downtown for extra fun)
- Wander around Uwajimaya and buy whatever looks interesting
- Kubota Gardens – beautiful and free
- UW Arboretum
- UW Outdoor Center – rent a canoe for cheap
- Climb to the top of the water tower in Volunteer Park
Then I realized I wanted to do all these things (again) too. I'm putting it right here, so I don't forget.